Ligneris Project, Quebec
- The Ligneris Project comprises 94 claims covering 36.2 km2 located 80 km north of Agnico-Eagle’s LaRonde Complex, and 90 km northeast of Rouyn-Noranda, in Quebec (see Figure 1 below). The project has easy access through paved and all-weather logging roads. Basic services are available from the village of Taschereau located 35 km to the south.
- Mineralized zones are found within an extensive hydrothermal alteration zone that can be followed over kilometers in strike length and hundreds of meters width, and that are encompassed within broad ductile deformation zones. The geochemical signature of the rocks and mineralization bear many similarities to those the LaRonde/Bousquet camp.
- Previous work by Vior (1985-1986), Placer Dome (1987-1990) and Barrick (1997) included 204 drill holes (approximately 40,000 meters) mostly clustered around the mineralized zones on the project. 75 of these 204 holes crosscut significant gold and/or zinc intercepts. Only 7 holes reached over 300 meters in depth.
- Mineralization consists of disseminated pyrite and veinlets of sphalerite associated to strong pervasive carbonatization and sericitic alteration within dacitic volcanics. The mineralization was recognized in most of the holes in the South, Central and North zones.
- A recent comprehensive airborne VTEM survey by Vior, conducted by Geotech, defined 12 clusters of deeper targets. Ethos will now commence a comprehensive compilation of previous data, ground based geophysics, and further surface sampling and mapping. This work will be utilized to fine tune deeper targets for drilling.
- Drilling will test these deeper targets below 300m.
- Previous exploration work including drilling by Placer Dome and Vior has also identified shallower, high grade targets, and recommended induced polarization (“IP”) geophysics followed by drilling to test these targets. Ethos will also pursue these shallower targets.
- Drilling is planned for the fall and winter of 2019. Drilling can continue throughout the winter. This program will utilize some of the unallocated flow through funds that Ethos currently holds.
Please see the inital press release for more details.
Related News Releases
June 27, 2019 Vancouver, BC – June 27, 2019, Ethos Gold Corp. (“Ethos” or the “Company”) (TSXV:ECC) (OTCQB: ETHOF) is pleased to announce that it entered an agreement to earn up to a 70% interest in the Ligneris gold project (the “Ligneris Project”) from...